In these blogs, we usually talk about PTSD and narcissistic abuse. But narcissists aren’t the only kind of people that you might run into problems with. There are lots of other mental and personality disorders that can affect your relationship with that person.
Here are 5 Types of people that can ruin your life:
- Borderline – Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is one of the most common mental disorders. Symptoms include emotional instability, a history of unstable relationships, and impulsive behavior. These kinds of people can cause lots of drama and instability in your life.
- Narcissistic – If you know a narcissist, you know they only care about themselves, and this kind of thinking leads to them using and abusing you.
- Paranoid – People with Paranoid Personality Disorder (PPD) are always on edge and suspicious of things, leading to trust and commitment issues in a relationship.
- Antisocial – Antisocial Disorder is also called sociopathy, and people with this disorder tend to feel less. They might feel no guilt for anything at all, so they have no problems, lying, cheating, stealing, and even getting violent.
- Histrionic – People with histrionic personality disorder tend to be very self-centered and manipulative. They will make everything about them and use you to always get their way.
Dealing with those that have mental and personality disorders can prove to be quite a challenge. Luckily, Bill Eddy wrote 5 Types of People Who Can Ruin Your Life, and in his book, he’ll teach you how you can avoid these people and break free from toxic relationships. Eddy is a therapist and law professor with lots of experience, and this book can really help you out.